Hey there! What have you been up to? I have been working on two tasks since the past week: a) got a shoot done on Sunday for the next post. It is a summer look and b) researching on topics to finalise one for my research project next semester. I will mostly be editing the summer look photos this week. Although, I am still unsure about the photos. Let’s see how the editing goes. I haven’t started on the 33 books list yet but I have been reading To Kill A Mockingbird. Have you ever had a book which you start reading but for some reason stop at a certain page? That has been my experience with To Kill A Mockingbird. I have never read past chapter 3 in my last two attempts. I have finally moved ahead of chapter 3 and will be completing the book soon. It is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read and definitely recommend it!
If you are following me on Instagram, then you would have read that Lincraft had a 50% sale right at the end of December 2016. So, I bought quite a few things and used it for this DIY. I have made these 6 chokers just under 20 dollars.
You will also need Fabric glue, which I forgot to mention in the photo above. Wrap the fabrics around the neck to measure the required length.
Choker 1: Bohemian Cost: $4.15
Choker 2: Lace Cost: $2.15
Choker 3: Denim Cost: $7.31
Choker 4: Mesh Cost: $4.38
Choker 5: Self-tie Cost: Nil
These two pieces of fabric will be used to make the next two chokers. One piece is used for this and the other one for choker 6: gold chain.
Choker 6: Gold Chain Cost: 50 cents
These 6 new chokers are all ready to be styled! 🙂
Let me know what you think of them in the comments section below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@aditisawarkar) if you make any of these. Would definitely love to see them. 🙂
Shine bright and be kind!
How’s your first week and the weekend been so far? Mine was fairly decent, just work, guest at home and worked on this DIY.
Do you have any resolutions for this year? Recently, I came across an article while watching a Whack video about 33 books that everyone should read before turning 30 (Link: http://www.businessinsider.com.au/33-books-to-read-before-30-2015-11). So, I am planning to read at least 10 this year. Let’s see if I actually accomplish it! I will definitely keep you posted. Also, if you haven’t heard of the Whack channel on YouTube, then you should check it out. Freishia B is one of my favourites and her videos are full of crazy facts. She has a lot to offer. 🙂
Anyways, for this post, I thought of doing something different and gave video a try. This is my first time actually shooting and editing. It was so much fun! I have tried to show as much variety in design as I could under 20 bucks. Yes, these 6 chokers are under 20 dollars.
- Mesh: I think this choker is the rarest of all. I haven’t seen many mesh ones in the market. So, you are definitely going to stand out in the crowd. I have worn the choker with a black and white striped top.
- Gold Chain: The gold chain gives a classy look to this rather plain black self-tie choker. I have worn this with a printed black top with a bit of orange. You can wear this for a night out.
- Self-tie: If you want to invest in only one choker, I would recommend this one. Self-tie chokers are very versatile and can be worn in all different ways. Over here, I have used both the strings and tied them together. I have paired it with a basic V neck crew tee. Self-ties look great on every outfit, but my favourite pairing would be with a solid colour, deep plunge maxi dress.
- Boho: The pom poms on this leather string speak for themselves. The colours brighten up any outfit and is a good choice for summer. In this post, I have paired it up with a romantic, off-the-shoulder white lace top.
- Denim: This choker is my personal favourite. I love the mix of colours in this denim belt and also the carvings on the elephant. I am all into intricate carvings. I have paired this with a v-neck lace up grey crop top. This choker is perfect when you want to dress up your casual outfit.
- Lace: The dusty pink is surely my favourite shade of pink. This dusty pink lace along with the pearls creates a gorgeous elegant look. I have paired this choker with an off-the-shoulder navy dress. This look is perfect for a formal event.
Enjoy the video:
Which one was your favourite? Let me know in the comments section below and don’t forget to tag me (@aditisawarkar) in your Instagram post if you give it a try. Also, please let me know what needs to be improved in my videos. 🙂
Shine bright and be kind! 🙂